A Powerful, Neat Little Compact from Olympus
“Fixed lens zoom from 28-300! Folding display! Stops up to f2.8! “
Olympus have just announced a new, neat little compact camera that is the Olympus Stylus 1. The design is similar to its larger DSLR counterparts with their sharp (ish) edges but all wrapped in a fixed zoom lens compact body.
I really like the look of it…
I am kind of in the market for a new compact, take everywhere camera as there are times when my phone’s camera just won’t cut it on days out. Here are the specs for the Olympus Stylus 1:
- 12MP 1/1.7″ BSI CMOS Sensor
- 10.7x i.Zuiko Optical Zoom Lens
- 28-300mm Equiv; f/2.8 Constant Aperture
- Super Macro Mode with 2″ Minimum Focus
- 1.4M-dot High-Def EVF with Eye Sensor
- 3.0″ 1.04M-dot Tilt-Touch LCD
- Full 1080p HD Video
- Built-in Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Hybrid Control Ring and Auto Lens Cap
- Built-in Flash, Wireless, Hot Shoe
I love the wi-fi capability to send images to my phone as well as the wireless flash, great lens, super macro mode and hybrid control ring on the lens…all very useful stuff.
If you are an Olympus fan, this may be worth looking at as a “take everywhere” camera for you.
It is $699 and available for pre-order tonight at 1:00 AM EST (with expected availability: November 2013) from B & H Photo Video: