General Exposure Questions
A few general exposure questions
- 1Firstly, I am not sure what a "rotating camera type flash bracket" is. However, I do know that the Speedlight and camera you have mentioned are compatible with each other.
- 2The Omni Bounce I like. I use another model but I think this device does the same thing. It diffuses the flash light significantly to give an all round more diffused, subtle and flattering effect.
- 3The most consistent setting for outdoors in sunny situations midday, would be around 250th/sec at F8. I also use fill in flash much of the time depending on where the sun is.
- 4I wouldn’t rely too much on one fixed setting as light has a tendency to change suddenly and sometimes without you noticing. Always be aware of the light and your camera settings.
- 5Finally, no, I don’t think I am good enough to "guarantee" print ready shots straight from the camera. I am not sure I will ever be. If you find a photographer that IS and is willing to train you, please count me in on the course. I find I rely maybe too much on Photoshop in this digital age although the occasional shot does come out absolutely spot on! Although saying that, when I truly think about a shot I am taking and have full control over the lighting, composition, subject etc, I can most certainly produce the goods straight out of camera. All it takes is practice.
Weddings and Lab Processing
Of course, when I used to shoot weddings with film, they had to be "print ready" but then I relied on the Lab who processed the images to get the colour saturation and processing right. Nowadays it is all down to us to process the images using our own individual Photoshop processing tastes!
That kind of consistent and "spot on" shooting, I find, is only obtainable in a situation where you control the light 100% such as a studio. Also, I like to add my personal "touch" to images and feel I do so if I tweak them a little. Mainly to differ from the norm!
Wedding Photography Tips Section It has taken a while to write and put together, but I've finally finished the NEW and free Wedding
Just how good is the GoPro Hero 9 stabilization?The last few GoPro Hero action cameras have introduced ground-breaking image stabilization. The GoPro
Turn a family day out into something great and profitable - My Seaford Shoot!I had a great shoot at a family Garden
Canon finally produce a hybrid DSLR worthy of a podium place!The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is a professional "hybrid" DSLR. This