An Introduction to Vegas Pro 14 Video Editing Software
Vegas has been around since Vegas Video 1.0 way back in 2000. I bought my first version, Sony Vegas Pro 8, back in 2007 when I started to really delve into digital and HD video.
After version 13.0, Sony handed over the reigns of Vegas to a company called Magix who finally released the long awaited Vegas Pro 14 which I now use.
Vegas Pro just about fits in the professional category of video editors and rightly so. It is actually a pretty powerful editor with:
- Excellent audio features
- Fast, GPU accelerated 4K processing and rendering
- A simple interface and user experience
- Plenty of online support from its users
The plan is for me to add more video editing tutorials, tips and tricks in both Vegas Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro. The hope is that I encourage more people to start not only shooting more video but to get creative with what you have captured.
Things I will cover include:
- Basic edits (brightness, contrast etc)
- Colour correction
- Cutting, splicing and merging clips
- Making/choosing the best audio tracks and importing music
- Correcting audio (removing “errms and errs” for example)
- Adding text
- Removing noise or grain from footage
- Fades, transitions and video effects
- Importing and using stills in Vegas
- Slow motion footage
- …and more, including this video
P.s. Be sure to join our newsletter (sign up in the right hand column) and subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more updates : )