A One Off Special Like No Other Wedding Photography Course! (Ended)
Wedding Photography Course Dorset – For Beginner and Intermediate Wedding Photographers
The wedding photography business remains one of the most exciting and lucrative subjects in professional photography and despite the gloomy economy, people are still getting married and prepared to spend good money on making it the best day of their lives!
Would you like answers to the following?
- How do you shoot a wedding from start to finish?
- How do you get the business in
- How do you prepare for the day
- Which are the correct camera and flash settings for each stage
- What is the best use of available and additional lighting
- How do you process and prepare the images
- How do you upsell and market yourself
- What is the protocol and etiquette on the day
If so, great! I am going to be hosting one of the most ambitious wedding photography training courses I have taught in November this year down here in Weymouth, Dorset. It has something that no other course offers…
…a real time wedding environment for students to practice in and will be one of the first courses in the UK to offer such an experience!
I have booked a local hotel and will be running this wedding photography course over three days, the 4th, 5th and 6th November 2011 (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
During the course on the Saturday, there will be a real time wedding going on and we have been granted access to all the wedding areas including the ceremony room and banqueting hall (reception) which will both be fully kitted out in full wedding regalia.
The 3 day course includes:
Friday – A Day in the Classroom
Day one will be spent in the classroom where we will discuss and go through:
- The wedding market
- Establishing yourself as a serious contender
- Equipment needed and recommended
- Planning and preparation
- The stages of the day
- Camera settings
- Lighting including natural, off-camera/on camera flash, low light etc
We will have some practical demonstrations but this should set you up in preparation for day two which is nearly all practical, hands on training…
Saturday – Shooting the Wedding
Here you will need your kit with you as we shoot a model couple in a real time wedding environment. We will shoot the couple out and about:
- In the ceremony venue at the hotel – Learn to deal with the fast paced action and know where to be at all times during the ceremony. This is probably the most important part of the day for both the couple and your expertise so learn it well.
- …and in the ballroom both of which are fully kitted out for a wedding later that day. We will shoot the couple in various poses, study the actual room and how best to record it and when, as well as preparing yourself and your kit to make the whole day run smoothly as far as your job is concerned. The light will generally change throughout the reception and knowing what you are doing with regards to settings is paramount.
- At the local church – Here we will go through the preparation again and learn how to deal with low light, quiet churches, restricted access, flash or no flash and so on. Similar to the ceremony above but in a low light church.
- On location portraits either on the beach/promenade or indoors depending on weather – A favourite part of the day for me and a time which gives the wedding couple a much needed break.
Time permitting, we will then head back to the hotel to go through the photos quickly and cover any questions regarding the day. As another bonus, and IF we get the chance, we may well be able to shoot the couple using the fireworks on the beach as a backdrop later that evening!
The last day will again be classroom based.
Sunday – Processing and Business
The morning will be spent going through some of the images from Saturday and working on them in Photoshop and Lightroom. Learning various techniques and “cheats” that will speed up your workflow and give your images the edge over your competitors. We will also learn how to recover any under/over exposed images or ones that you would normally discard.
The afternoon will be spent covering the basics of:
- Final output of images including album creation
- Social media
We will then finish up with any final questions at around 5-6pm.
Under price and over deliver is my motto and bearing that in mind, I have tried to make this 3 day course as affordable as possible. The price includes accommodation if needed, teas/coffees throughout the day and delicious lunches for the three days (not evening meals or drinks).
With 3 nights’ accommodation in nearby B & B – £595
No accommodation – £525
Note: Deposit of £100 needed to secure place (non-refundable if cancelled 2 weeks or less prior to course)
I may well be having the entire course filmed including screen recordings of some of the imaging work, and if I do, each student will receive a free copy as permanent back up for reference.
This will probably be a one off course as getting a hotel to agree to allow us to use an actual event is fairly rare. If you are interested in attending and have any questions, please get in touch as soon as possible as the 10 available places are going fast.
10 0 – This Course is Now Complete
Course Notes: The above course has now ended and was a complete success so we may run a similar one soon, if you are interested, please get in touch. The three days were full, fun and judging from the feedback, very informative and well received.
Saturday was a particular pleasure to teach as we had very good weather, a superb location (hotel where actual couple were getting married), a lovely wedding couple (models who were married earlier this year), the chance to shoot the real couple who got married that day as they watched the November 5th fireworks, all finished off with a lovely meal and Enzo’s Italian restaurant.
You can see some of the images from the course on our photography blog.
Email: Email Us
Tel: 01305 789854
Mob: 07518 359223