Nikon Update Addresses Various Issues with D4
Nikon have announced a new firmware upgrade (D4 A:1.02 / B:1.02) for their flagship D4. It addresses various issues outlined below:
- An issue that caused the camera to freeze when attempting to format a memory card (setup menu - Format memory card) while the camera was connected to a network in HTTP server mode has been resolved.
- Format memory card can now be added to My Menu.
- Gamut for Adobe RGB images displayed in the camera's monitor has been changed. This enables more vivid display of images.
- The stability of network connections when the FTP upload option is selected has been increased.
- When recording movies using a lens with an aperture ring in [P] or [S] exposure mode, and Aperture ring selected for Custom Setting f10 - Customize command dials, Aperture setting, the minimum aperture was applied. This issue has been resolved.
When a still image captured during movie recording with 1920 ×1080; 30 fps; crop, 1920 × 1080; 25 fps; crop, or 1920 × 1080; 24 fps; crop selected for Movie settings - Frame size/frame rate and Live frame grab selected for Custom Setting g4: Assign shutter button was displayed in Capture NX 2 or View NX 2, the position of the focus point displayed differed from actual recording position.
This issue has been resolved.
- Modifications enabled with previous firmware, release date May 29, 2012.
- When a still image was captured while viewing existing images in playback mode, the monitor turned off, the memory card access lamp glowed steadily, and, in some rare cases, the camera ceased to respond to operations. This issue has been resolved.
- When network functions were used with certain settings applied, RAW images were also transferred when Network > Send file as was set to JPEG only. This issue has been resolved.
When an option that utilized the main command dial was selected for Custom Setting f15: Playback zoom, and an image was zoomed in or out with playback with certain settings applied, shooting shutter speed, aperture, and exposure compensation settings were sometimes changed. This issue has been resolved.
You can get more info and the firmware by clicking the link below.