A great technique for upselling large prints or canvasses to portrait clients
Using this simple Photoshop tip, you can show your clients just how amazing their portraits will look on any wall of their home. You simply take one of their portraits, Photoshop it into a picture frame and add it to their wall like this:
- 1Import the image of the client's room into Photoshop
- 2Find a suitable blank frame image and overlay it to the image above
- 3Select the inner frame using the paths tool, right click and "make selection"
- 4Find a suitable image to add to the frame
- 5Ctrl A or use the selection tool to select the entire image
- 6Ctrl C to copy that image
- 7Go back to the wall image and select the frame with running ants/selection
- 8Go to Edit - Paste Special - Paste Into (or Alt + Shift + Ctrl + V)
- 9Press Ctrl T to select that image so you can adjust it
- 10Edit - Transform - Distort and drag each corner of the new image to each corner of the frame
- 11Flatten and save
Once you have done that, show the client and when they see how it looks on the wall of their actual home, they are more likely to buy large prints or canvas prints from you. Remember though, you have to ask for the sale so take along a price list with a selection of cool print options!
You have nothing to lose by trying this the next time you do a portrait shoot at a client's home or on location. However, you have everything to gain!
While you are here, check out our other articles below or more of our Photoshop tips...