January 6, 2010 11:52 – Photography Courses in Dorset
DSLR Training and Stock Photography Courses in Weymouth, Dorset
Happy New Year everyone! Just a quick note to say we have a few places left on our DSLR and Stock Photography courses coming soon. The DSLR course is for Saturday January 30th and the Stock Photography course for Saturday/Sunday February 6th/7th.
DSLR Training Course
Have you just received a new DSLR for Christmas? Have you had one for a while and finally decided you would like to put it to better use…finally come out of “auto” mode? This course is designed to teach you all the basics and lead you onto bigger and better things and covers things such as:
- Camera modes – Auto, aperture priority, shutter priority, manual, sports, landscape, close up, portrait
- Everyday shooting – What to look for and how to shoot it
- Black and White Photography – Timeless!
- Composition – Don’t just stand there! Learn how to “see” a photo just about anywhere!
- Lenses – You have the ability to add just about any lens to your new camera, you now need to understand what you need and why
- Lighting – Probably the single most important aspect of any art form
- Flash photography – Understand how the light works and how you can control it
- Digital Imaging – Touching on uploading to a PC and using Photoshop/other editing software
- Cleaning and maintenance – With DSLR’s comes dust. Plus you may find yourself getting down and dirty now that you know what to do to get those special shots
More information here – DSLR Training
Stock Photography Course for Beginners and Professionals
Now you have learned the ins and outs of your DSLR, you are probably looking at ways you can earn money from it…a lot of people do! One way that is accessible to everyone, is stock photography. Once you learn what is involved, you can work at your own pace and gradually build up a nice, residual, monthly income that just keeps coming in. On this 2 day, intensive course, we cover:
- Traditional vs. Microstock
- Exclusive or Non Exclusive?
- Go it alone?
- Licensed, Royalty Free or Rights Managed
- The Images, concepts, topics and subjects
- Composition, macro, wide, cropped etc
- Camera Settings
- RAW/Jpeg Processing
- Photoshop, Finishing touches and attention to detail
- Keywording and adding info
- Upload only your best
- Competition and inspiration
- Setting up your own studio
- Copyright, Trademarks and the Law
- Getting seen
- Staying ahead of the game/Moving on/Future Proofing
Attendees from the last course are already having great success and I receive updates regularly as to their upload acceptance rate and regular sales…this is the best part of why I teach these courses! One attendee even expressed how the course has made his photography in general much better as he now looks more into the finer details of what he is shooting.
More details here – Stock Photography Course
So, why not start of the New Year with a resolution to become a better photographer and even earn money from photography?
Look forward to hearing from you and hopefully meeting you!
Nick – All Things Photography
January 22, 2010 08:38 – Video 5D Mark II
Learn to shoot video professionally with the Canon EOS 5D Mark II
F-Stop academy, a publisher specialising in training for digital film makers, asked Philip Bloom, a long standing, professional videographer, to help create and launch a new DVD which teaches you how to make the most of the video features of your new Canon EOS 5D Mark II.
The DVD takes you through all aspects of film making using the 5D Mark II and can save you a ton of time finding out the pros and cons for yourself.
Well worth checking out so here is our review of the DVD: