Getting a Business Plan Together and Defining the Details
Once you have established exactly what it is you want to do…write it down!
Write everything down.
At any given day throughout the month, I am surrounded by sheets of A4 paper with my scribblings, notes, things to do, things to buy and try…and my ideas.
To start with you should get a business plan together, not just for the bank if you intend to borrow to get started, but to start to define the details. Writing things down makes them stick in your head and subconscious mind. You start early on to become what you aim to be, it’s all about mindset.
List all of the ways that you want to bring in revenue (ideas on this later) and then expand on each by jotting down ideas and plans of how you intend to execute them. List all the costs that may be involved:
How much do you need to get started?
- What equipment do you need/have already?
- Do you need to buy kit or can you rent to get started?
- How much do you need to earn to survive?
- How much do you want to earn to be happy? (You need a fixed goal).
- Exactly how much money do you want? (Something to aim for).
- What will you give in return?
- Will you start part time alongside your current work and if so, how much time can you devote each day (you need to allocate time and at the very least, do one thing each day that will get you moving forwards)?
- How much of your current income can you invest into your new venture?
- Do you have people willing to invest in or sponsor you, or even go into partnership?
By doing all of the above, and constantly expanding on it, adding to it, refining it and reading it over and over, you will start to feel as though the business is real and you will start to become whatever it is you want to be and the desire will hopefully burn inside you.
Have an end goal in mind…
Next Page – Visualise Your Plan