Take Control of Your Business and Website…
Why would you want to know how to build your own website when so many companies offer to do it for you?
(This is a blatant promotion for the company that has tirelessly helped me build this website!)
It is a simple question and one that many people ask themselves because they know deep down inside that there is money in it…legitimate money, but before they even know it, they have switched off to the idea.
What if you didn’t actually ever need to know any of this?
There is a great video at the end of this page which explains the whole business of building a website in a nutshell, but please read on before you watch it.
Most people, myself included, know for sure that there is good money to be made from the internet…somehow, somewhere but how does it all work? Where does the money come from?
3 years ago I built two websites, this photography site being one of them, and I will tell you more about that and how it totally changed my life later!
So why would you want to know how to build your own website?
- A hobby? Something to do?
- Promote your offline business or services?
- Promote your online business or services?
- Work at home whilst bringing up children?
- Help to fund your school or college education?
- Start to ease yourself away from the rat race and eventually give it all up?
- Build a huge empire of online businesses?
Whatever you do in life, whatever interests or hobbies you have, unless you are the only person in the world interested in it, then this is something you should most definitely consider.
Let’s put it in another, more “hypothetical way” to try and explain it a little easier.
What if you came for a job interview with me and I gave you three career options…
- Work hard for me for 5-6 days a week, 48 weeks a year for the same money each month for the rest of your life. You will receive a steady wage and maybe a 4-6% increase each year with possible prospects of promotion through the company…one day…maybe.
- Or…do the same as option one, but in your spare time, push that great big boulder up that hill for me. It will take you anywhere between 2-5 years but once you push it over the edge it will gather momentum collecting cash for you as it goes. You can quit your job if you like, stay at home, travel the world, do whatever and still get paid the same if not more with an ever increasing salary that has no limits. But, I guarantee you will still want to follow that rock!
- Don’t take the job at all! Assuming you have the funds to get by, spend just 1-3 years pushing that boulder up the hill with all your might, day and night, let it roll over the edge and watch it go!
Which would you choose?
- No thanks!
- It would be nice but I don’t have the money right now!
A strange analogy to make but a mixture of two and three is what happened to me and I am just weeks away from letting the boulder go (and following it)! I have a total love and passion for photography and sharing my knowledge for free is what I love doing most. Over the next few months I will be making the transition to full time webmaster for All Things Photography and adding many and exciting new features so stay tuned!
Think it can’t be done? A couple of years ago, a college student in the United States built a simple ONE PAGE website to help fund his education that earned him exactly$1,000,000 before he graduated.
He sold each pixel on that page as advertising space for just One Dollar. Once word got out it became so popular that companies and businesses just had to get on that page and the rest is history.
See it here…www.milliondollarhomepage.com
Now I am not saying we can all do this…far from it, but it just shows how the power of the internet can be harnessed to change our lives.
Nearly three years ago, for reasons I won’t go into now, I started to build two websites after reading something like this page you are now reading. I started my early working life as a part qualified accountant and part time photographer, and I am now, and have been for many years, a full-time, fully qualified wedding, commercial and stock photographer, but to put it bluntly I wanted out of it all as soon as my first child was born 4 years ago…I wanted to play!
I spoke to a friend who was already doing this “website thing”, watched a video similar to the one at the end of this page, joined up (risk free) and stuck my head down and just got on with it…I followed the 10 simple steps.
I still worked shooting weddings to pay the mortgage and feed the kids but all of my spare time was spent building my website. Now, I am just about to ship the family off to a new life and spend 100% of my time on building and expanding the websites (great things coming soon!)…and I love it!
So, ask yourself a few questions…
- Do you know something, a little…or a lot about anything?
- Finance or Law
- Kids parties
- Cake making
- Health issues
- And so on…
- Do you have any passionate hobbies or interests?
- Can you at the very least read about and research your hobby/interest on and offline, make sense of it all and use that knowledge to help others?
- Can you read, digest and follow (to the letter), 10 simple steps to get you started…for less than $1 a day!
- Can you type in Microsoft Word?
- Would you like to receive emails like these every single day…
“I just wanted to say that I got so much out of your website. I am really interested in starting wedding photography. I went to “tip” you at the end of the site, and I’m afraid the Paypal site was in Spanish, and I could just not work it out. If you send me a link that is in English I would love to show my appreciation for the website. I read your website in one sitting just because it was so interesting.”
“I love, love, love your property photography tips! I’ve read them over and over!”
“Nick…YOU FRIGG’N RULE – Thank You!!”
“Thank you so much for your generosity. It is so very rare to find someone that will share knowledge so freely. I truly appreciate the time you took out of your, no doubt, very busy life to write this wonderful tutorial. It has answered so many questions and explained things in such an interesting way that I find myself thirsting for more! I think I’ll get a pillow for my bum and dive into those advanced photography tips! :)”
But you still don’t know where the money comes from right? Well, strangely enough that isn’t important right now…but trust me, it comes.
One last analogy that sums it up for me is this.
In the distant past I have had a few normal office jobs and noticed all around that many people do the bare minimum required to get paid. Why is this?
It’s because they cannot see a direct correlation or actual effect that their daily effort or input has on their lives or income.
But…what if you were working at home every day and had a large counter on your wall that showed your weekly earnings in real time over the year? Every time you made a little bit of effort or did some extra work, that counter would click up one extra $ or £ or € per week pay rise in your wage packet.
Tap, tap, tap…click…an extra Dollar! How hard would you work then?
I have noticed this effect in my offline photography business and this is genuinely what it is like when you know how to build your own website. It is the most exciting and motivational experience I have ever had (apart from having kids) and is extremely addictive!
So, lastly, you need a hosting company you can trust to help you every step of the way! There are so many hosting companies on the internet that once they have your cash, you are left alone to struggle on trying to work it all out for yourself.
Sitesell are so different…paying the incredibly low (for what you get) start up fee is just the beginning!
You are helped every step of the way and with the 10 step action guide and super fast, efficient and friendly forums, you cannot fail! In fact, there are so many areas where you are helped and eased into your web-based business, it is just too much to squeeze in here!
Watch this short video and then do as much research as you like. This is for everyone and you have nothing to lose. Please feel free to share these videos and even add them to your existing website or blog if you think it will add visitor value or interest.
This website owner made her own video and it probably sums up how I feel so I added it too!
Thanks and good luck,