Beautiful Lighting Solutions for Smartphones, Go Pros and Digital Cameras
Lighting is everything in photography and video work…without it you have nothing.
Sometimes when using a Smartphone or Go Pro, it seems a bit “overkill” to set up a full lighting rig for a quick shot lasting only a few seconds or to take just one or two photos.
What if there was an easier, simpler and more compact way? Well there is…
The Lume Cube
Being released as a Kickstarter project today (18.11.14), the Lume Cube is being described as “the first technically-versatile, external flash and lighting experience for use with Smartphones, digital cameras and Go Pro“.
- 1.5” cube encased in water resistant silicone shell
- Flash or constant video mode for GoPro® Hero Camera or smartphone
- Fully controllable flash & brightness duration via smartphone app
- Smartphone app allows you to individually control up to 5 Lume Cubes
- Dimmable between 0 – 1500 lumens
- Magnetically mount or suction to most surfaces
- 1/4 20 mount for attachment to tripods
and action cam accessories
- Easily sync to slave flash via
- Approx. 2 hours battery life with usb
charger – 1 hour to fully charge
- Sold as a single unit, 2 pack or 6 pack in a variety of colors
- Proprietary mount and water proof case made to be used with the GoPro’s Hero® camera
To me, this looks pretty cool and I will most certainly be getting hold of a couple to review once released.
For you, why not head over to their website, check out the Kickstarter project once it is up and running (18.11.14) and get involved.
Lume Cube website: http://lumecube.com/
Lume Cube Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lumecube
Follow Lume Cube on Twitter & Instagram: @LumeCube